Prior to the building of the Erie Canal, The Village of Spencerport was actually just another farm! In 1867, Spencerport was incorporated as a Village, and commerce and trade flourished around the canal. Though the canal is no longer used for trade, many of the original organizations such as the fire department and Lions Club, established the foundation for today! The community’s strength comes from their focus on growth and involvement, with tourism and recreation acting as the draw for visitors and residents.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.